Monday, October 4, 2010

The Morning Benders is a rad band! Video Proof

Sometimes, I'll browse the music on iTunes and listen to recommended bands. I found this band called The Morning Benders and listened to my 30-second samples. I heard this song called Excuses and it instantly caught my ear. I looked them up on YouTube and found this video. In it, the singer Christopher Chu explains that he wanted to get a lot of talented people into one room to record one of his songs.This band is so good it makes my heart hurt. It hurts that I didn't write this song. The singer is this dorky, gangly, unRockstar and he's perfect. So simple and it could've sucked so bad but it was so great I wanted to cry. Quick note on this video: this might be the ugliest collection of people ever assembled since the 1985 Boston Celtics but the music they actually created was pure art. It's times like this I'm very proud to be human, knowing that my species is possible of work like this. So, hit play and bathe in the glory of other people's talent.





Deuces and You're Welcome

3 comments:

  1. Human...I said "Rad"...end of story

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a warm blanket, a bowl of tasty pho, and a friendly old bloodhound named Wezley at my feet. You need a label that says "Hello! My name is Tastemaker!" And the exclamation points should be in bold type. La la la la la la laaa bah dum, y todo.

    ReplyDelete